Updates Regarding COVID-19
Dear Pet Parents,
At Animal Hospital of Seminole, the health and well-being of your pet, family, and our team members are top priority. As the situation around the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we want to assure you that we plan to remain open during our regular business hours.
We are closely monitoring the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local authorities regarding the spread of the virus to ensure we are taking the appropriate precautions and actions to keep patients, clients, and employees healthy and safe during this time.
During this time, we will be changing to a “hands-free” practice for appointments, services, and procedures beginning 3/19/20. We are taking this precaution to eliminate constant contact of door handles, countertops, pens, and to aid in social distancing. By taking these safety measures, it is our goal to be able to remain open to serve the needs of our community’s pets.
Appointments and service will be handled through a "hands-free" practice and will entail:
- Pre-schedule your appointment and bring dogs on a leash and cats in a carrier
- Upon your arrival at the clinic, remain in your vehicle and call us at 727-393-3102 to check-in
- A team member will discuss all your needs and concerns by phone during check-in
- A team member will meet you in the parking lot and individually bring your pet(s) in for evaluation and care
You may choose to wait in your vehicle during your pet's examination or return at a later scheduled pick up time.
Once the examination and treatments are complete, you may pay over the phone by credit/debit card. If you are paying by check or cash, a team member will take the payment at your car.
Surgery and Dental Procedures:
We will reach out to you by phone the evening before your appointment to confirm your drop off time.
On the day of your procedure, please follow the below steps:
- Upon arrival at the clinic, remain in your vehicle and call us at 727-393-3102 to check-in
- After check-in and any additional questions are addressed, a team member will meet you in the parking lot and individually bring your pet(s) in for their procedure
- Your pet’s veterinarian will contact you following your pet’s procedure
Similar to drop off, we ask that you stay in your vehicle upon arriving at the clinic and call us. We will bring your pet to your vehicle.
Please note, you will receive your post-procedure care instructions at discharge and your veterinarian will call you to discuss the procedure.
Medication and Food:
We ask that you request medication or food refills in advance via phone or email. Call us when you arrive to the hospital, payment will be taken over the phone, and we will bring the food or medication to your vehicle.
Additional Measures we are Asking Clients to Follow:
- Please do not come to our clinic if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have a fever.
- Please reschedule your pet’s veterinarian appointment if you have been in contact with anyone that has had a fever or possible COVID-19 exposure.
Pets and the Coronavirus:
It is important to note that there is currently no evidence that pets can become sick with COVID-19. Infectious disease experts, as well as the CDC, World Organization for Animal Health, and World Health Organization, indicate there is also no evidence to suggest that pet dogs or cats can be a source of infection with SARS-CoV-2, including spreading COVID-19 to people. More investigation is underway and as we learn more, we will update you.
The CDC and The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) also have comprehensive websites with up-to-date information about COVID-19 and your pet(s). Additional information about the Coronavirus and your pets’ health is available at the following online resources:
We value our partnership in your pet’s healthcare and appreciate your patience, understanding, and continued support. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 727-393-3102.
The Team at Animal Hospital of Seminole
Animal Hospital of Seminole
11375 Park Boulevard Seminole, FL 33772
Monday: 8:00am – 5:30pm, Tuesday: 8:00am – 7:00pm, Wednesday: 8:00am – 5:30pm, Thursday: 8:00am – 7:00pm, Friday: 8:00am – 5:30pm
Saturday 8:00am – 12:00pm, Sunday: Closed